Monday, November 22, 2010

CashCrate Caution - Internet Safety

In order to earn money with CashCrate, certain personal information must be shared in order to receive credit for the offers.  Name, Date, and Address are OK to share, but more sensitive information MUST be kept secret. 

CashCrate Caution Internet Safety
Information such as your cell phone, social security number, and credit card numbers should only and I mean ONLY be given out to 100% safe companies. 

Identity theft is and has always been a concern.  There are bad people out there in the world that have no problem ripping off others and taking their money.  In order to prevent a possible scam, I would recommend the following when filling out offers with CashCrate:

Never give you SSN:  Some offers, especially the credit check ones, need your SSN in order to check your credit history.  Then once your credit has been checked by the company, you will receive your $4.00 from CashCrate. 

Sounds like an easy $4.00 right?  $4.00 is not worth possible identity theft!  Your SSN is your life my friends, it must be kept secret and not tossed around, especially on the Internet!

Never give out your credit card info:  Once a company has your debit or credit card info, God only knows what they can do with it.  Hackers can gain access to this information and use it at their disposal.  This is why I suggest only doing the 100% free offers with CashCrate.  There is no chance of losing money, only gaining it!  ; P

Use Caution when giving your Cell Phone Number:  When I first started using CashCrate, I gave my cell phone number out to some companies that were shady.  I was new, and didn't have anyone to warn me about any possible consequences.  I started getting these text that said things like, "thank you for joining our quiz game, blablabla..." Big mistake.  I  started getting cell phone charges from CashCrate offers that ended up costing me $19.00 worth of extra charges on my cell phone bill.  I couldn't dispute or take them off because I couldn't find the company that originated the text. 

Be careful people, don't let yourself be scammed.  It's not CashCrates fault, only your own.  Keep your most personal information safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...